Followers

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Celebrity Guest Blogger Wednesday with Sara Davies


This week we have the pleasure of getting to know a little more about the owner of our sponsor company this month: Sara Davies from Crafters Companion answered some of our questions:

How long have you been crafting?
Since i was very young – I didn’t start cardmaking until I was in my late teens, but I did a lot of baking, cross stitch, candle-making and other papercraft stuff with my mum when I was a kid, and the crafting element clearly stayed with me!

What is your favourite product line?
I would say this, but our ultimate pro – i just love that it’s everything a paper crafter needs in a handy little laptop-size suitcase! I honestly couldn’t manage without it, and can say hand on heart i use it multiple times in every project is do!

What do you watch/listen to when you're creating?
I have to have absolute silence! I get totally immersed in what im doing – especially if im doing something like colouring in! If it’s something I don’t have to concentrate on much, then I can sit with Create & Craft on in the background.

What is your favorite color combination to use on your cards?
Well as everyone knows, purple is my favourite colour, so most of my cards tend to include that somewhere! But i do like turquoise as well.

When creating a project, do you plan it out or go with the flow?
I’m a big planner! I have to have everything thought through before I start, then i don’t actually stick everything down until I’m 100% happy with how it looks!

What type of adhesive do you use?
Different ones for different things – if I’m doing quick demo’s then our super strong tape pen is super, I use the collall glues a lot – the all purpose for matting and layering, then the 3D glue gel for decoupage or embellishments, and if it’s a large area, I do like a spray adhesive

What is your favorite kind of cardstock?
For colour in my projects, it has to be core’dinations, because you can do so much with it. If it’s a nice strong card for a base card, the Centura Pearl is awesome and has a fab sheen to it.

About how many projects do you create in a month?
Lots and lots – i’m really lucky in that i get to craft for a living!

No comments:

Post a Comment